Sunday, August 17, 2008

and i want to be where you are....


How can I describe today...what words can I write that explains everything that I have learned. God has spoken so much truth in my life that I don't even know how to start. The song, "Came to my Rescue" by Hillsong United comes to mind, so I'll put those lyrics on here as a reflection of what I've been learning. But as far as adding to the list of places to be, Renovatus is by far one of them. I stopped numbering the places because it was too hard to figure out which number I was on :-) Anyway, this church is incredible. Real. I think I've found a church home. And the truth that was spoken there directly corrolates what God has been teaching me in Boone and now here. I can't say enough just about how important it is to take off our masks and be real, unashamed in front of Christ. And in turn, we be vulnerable with each other too. Supporting each other and keeping those masks off is vital for true community. As Johnathan, the pastor at Renovatus, said as well as others who spoke during the service, "There is no darkness in light." Revealing our struggles with Christ and others is beautiful. Then redemption and true freedom can take place.

Falling on my knees in worship
Giving all I am to seek your face
Lord, all I am is yours
My whole life I place in your hands
God of mercy, humbled I bow down
In your presence, at your throne

I called, you answered
And you came to my rescue
And I want to be where you are...

In my life
Be lifted high
In our world
Be lifted high
In our love
Be lifted high

No comments: