Monday, December 22, 2008

coffee mugs and winter scarves


Sitting in Barnes and Noble. Just finished writing a short story to give to my dad for Christmas. Enjoying the coziness of my favorite bookstore and place to hang out. Watching people milling about, doing their last-minute Christmas shopping. Letting my mind wander wherever it chooses, like a stream trickling down its path, slowly making its way to the river. Breathing deeply, smelling a mixture of coffee, cream, and chocolate. Content. Thankful for my life, this journey I'm on. Learning so many new things. Appreciating new friends and deepening old friendships. Falling more in love with Christ as I realize my need for Him. Understanding our purpose here more clearly. Overwhelmed with His love. Overflowing with thankfulness and desire to serve. Wanting to cling to Him. Let Him completely take control of my life. Glorify Himself through me.

My prayer....

Give me one pure and holy passion
Give me one magnificent obsession
Give me one glorious ambition for my life
To know and follow hard after you

To know and follow hard after You
To grow as your disciple in Your truth
This world is empty pale and poor
Compared to knowing You, my Lord
Lead me on, and I will run after You
Lead me on, and I will run after You

-Mark Altrogge

No comments: